Pictures by Bella Pilar

Monday, November 30, 2009

Shirt Dresses......how versatile! Different ways to wear them...

I love all sorts of shirt dresses as you can play around with them so often.  They can be worn as a one-piece dress, or an outerwear/jacket, or a tunic - really versatile!  Shirt dresses are also good for those who want to hide their big bums and gigantic thighs (like me!!)...LOL!

I have all sorts of shirt dresses like plain colored ones, checkered ones, floral print ones, polka dot print ones etc....you name it.

This post is all about how I wear my shirt dresses........a total of 4 ensembles.  

My ODJ:
************************************************************
TOP:
- Bottom Layer: Mustard yellow cotton turtle neck (no brand)
- Middle Layer: b+ab teal/black floral shirt dress with front ribbon details
- Top Layer: Jeanasis khaki patterned long vest with slightly ruffled trim

BOTTOM:
- Zara black fitted pants

BAG:
- Prada rusty brown deerskin bowler (from 2007)

SHOES:
- Millies brown calf leather long boots with buckle details

ACCESSORIES:
- Belt: Mango orange-brown wide belt with gold oval buckle
- Earrings: Triple flower dangling earrings with teal/blue crystals (no brand bought from Milan)
- Sunglasses: Chloe "Myrte" sunglasses in chocolate color with gradient brown lens
************************************************************




 

 











Next, here's my other ODJ featuring another shirt dress.....checkered pattern this time!
************************************************************
TOP/DRESS:
- Bottom Layer ==> Lowry's Farm orange-red cotton 3/4 sleeves top
- Middle Layer ==> Jeanasis black/gray/white checkered shirt dress w/ 3 pockets
- Top Layer ==> OZOC gray/white rabbit fur vest with garter hem

BAG:
- Chanel 08 Prefall Black large Portobello w/ flap closure and light gold hw

SHOES:
- Fiorucci olive green brushed leather short boots with zipper details

ACCESSORIES:
- Belt: Kookai black wide leather belt w/ zipper trim
- Necklace:  (1) Chanel Cruise09 black/pewter necklace from "Sweet Heart" collection
(2) Black beads w/ lace ribbon long necklace (no brand from Korea)
- Earrings: Chanel Cruise09 black/pewter dangling CC earrings w/ wings from "Sweet Heart" collection
- Sunglasses: Chloe "Litchi" CL2161 seashell/black acetate oversized sunglasses
************************************************************

I got this idea of layering a fur vest over a shirt dress from Japanese magazines...
 


Here's how the back looks like....


 Close-up of my ensemble....
(I originally wore a black cotton top underneath the shirt dress, but I think the black looks too dull for the entire ensemble...so I changed to an orange-red color top for the pop of color...now the ensemble looks "happier"...haha!)


 Close-Up of my shoes...love the brushed leather effect....

 Close-Up of my necklaces...

 I just love multiple layers of necklaces....I esp. added this long black beads necklace with lace ribbon details (worn as double strands) to the Chanel "Sweet Heart" necklace to give it a richer look...

I love this Chanel heart-shaped pendant because it's very 3D as you can see....

 
And here's the close-up of my Chanel earrings...from the same "Sweet Heart" collection..

 
This is another ODJ which I've posted on tPF before....this time, it's a plain white shirt dress with ruffle/lace details....
***********************************************************
TOP:
- Bottom layer: Bread n' Butter white cotton shirt dress with lace trims and ruffles
- Top layer: Jeanasis light grayish green patterned long vest with slightly ruffled trim

BOTTOM:

- Slim fit indigo jeans (no brand - bought from a local shop)

BAG:
- Chanel SS09 Act 1 Classic Lambskin Medium Flap in Heather/Electric Blue with silver hw

SHOES:
- Alima Silver leather + Petticoat material pointed heels with silver+red+navy+beige leather patchwork in round shapes

ACCESSORIES:
- Earrings: Gray carved metal dangling earrings with rose and dangling plastic ball in green/white/pink "marble" effect (bought from a local designer)
- Sunglasses: Chloe "Myrte" sunglasses in chocolate color with gradient brown lens
***********************************************************
 I just love all kinds of victorian-inspired outfits with lace and ruffles......





Details of my tops...
(Did you notice that the outer knit vest is actually the same as the one I've worn for my 1st ensemble above?  But this color here is actually lighter, and I didn't wear a belt on top of it because I want the vest to be "flowy"...)



Details of my shoes.....which is a Spanish brand...


And my earrings....





Last but not least, here's another ODJ which I've posted on tPF before......featuring floral shirt dress worn differently as "dress-on-dress"
************************************************************
TOP/DRESS:
- Bottom Layer: Mustard sleeveless dress w/ lace trim (no brand - bought from a local boutique)
- Middle Layer: b+ab pink/purple/orange/Taupe/White multicolor floral shirt dress w/ navy embroidered trim
- Top Layer: b+ab magenta satin double-breasted light jacket

BAG:
- Chanel 08A Taupe lambskin classic flap w/ silver hw in medium size

SHOES:
- Brown leather high-heeled long boots (no brand - bought from a local boutique)

ACCESSORIES:
- Belt: b+ab white leather belt w/ tarnished silver oval buckle and embossed pattern on leather
- Necklace: Pilgrim aged gold necklace w/ fish pendants and dangling crystals & beads in olive green, mustard, burgundy & black
- Earrings: Les Nereides Paris taupe Butterfly dangling earrings in enamel w/ dangling crystal
- Sunglasses: Chloe "Myrte" sunglasses in chocolate color with gradient brown lens
************************************************************

 
Love the detailed navy embroidered trim on the sleeves of the floral shirt dress..

The collar of this Magenta satin jacket has 2 strings inside. You can actually pull the strings on both sides to make the collar really "wrinkled" / "ruched" to give it some "volume". 

Close-Up of my necklace
(love the cute details of this necklace. Actually, the brand "Pilgrim" from Denmark is one of my favorite costume jewelery brands....well, aside from Chanel of course. :P)  

Close-Up of my earrings....

Close-Up of my belt...(see the patterns on the buckle and the leather...)  

So, which one is your favorite?  I try to layer different things under and over the shirt dress to give it a different feel.  Accessorizing also helps to create different looks.   Actually, I have a couple more shirt dresses in my closet.....but didn't feature them here.  Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures.

Cheers,
Mia


6 comments:

  1. Okay, can I have the rabbit vest?? Please?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made shirt dress full of fun to wear!

    my favorite outfit is blue chanel flap + white shirt + vest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mia, you have brightened my day at work with all the nice pics but especially with the Miu Miu bow Bag...I love this bag. I wish i can still find this bag TDF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love the long shirt with lace paired with that blue chanel..the whole ensemble just POP!

    Love to see more!

    cheers, bonvic (bonnie)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Purse Addict, you like the rabbit fur vest? Hehe...I love anything fur too! (I actually own several pieces of furs, real rabbit furs and faux furs.) In fact, I'm going to do a post on my fur ensembles next time. :D Stay tuned!

    ***********************************************
    Thanks Julia. Yes, it's fun to dress up in shirt dresses. I still love the fact that the right shirt dress makes your body look slimmer in a sense. :D Thanks for picking your fave! I love that white Victorian shirt dress ensemble too!

    ***********************************************
    Hi Claudia, I'm so happy that my post brightened up your day. Yes, I love the Miu Miu bow bag very much. I'm sure you can still find it at the dept stores. Do you like the same color? Or some other colors? You can also try eBay or Bonanzle.....:D If you want another color, you can wait for the new collection as Bow Bags I think are permanent style, no? Anyway, good luck in your search!

    ************************************************
    Hi Bonnie/Bonvic!! Thanks so much for your compliments and picking your fave ensemble! :D

    ************************************************
    Cheers,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mia! I accidentally found your blog whilst I was looking for Chanel bags,and saw your fantastic collection. I'm 19 and I'm hoping to save up money to get my first 2.55 before my 20th birthday! I just wanted to say that I was really impressed with your cool style.Im also an earring-fanatic and I have to say you have amazing pieces. I wish all mothers dressed up like you. Keep it up!

    Georgina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...