Pictures by Bella Pilar

Friday, November 12, 2010

Yellow + Gray....Love this color block!

Hi Gals,

I am very much of a color person, and I love playing with colors very much.  I like matching colors in different ways - tone on tone, big color contrasts, warm colors mixed with cool colors etc.....it's really fun!!  There are some colors which just really go well with each other after experimenting with them.  Like black + white, red + camel/beige, navy/purple + yellow, orange + brown, pale dusty pink + olive/khaki, fuchsia + gray etc....the list goes on!

Recently, I just realized that I love matching the yellow color with gray.  It's like a glimpse of the sun from a cloudy sky.....:P  See for yourself!  Yay or nay?

Wore this outfit to a friend's daughter's birthday party....yellow popping out...hehe!

My ODJ

TOP: 
 Lowry's Farm yellow long-sleeve cotton top (Japanese brand)
Zara gray "camouflage effect" loose top
BOTTOM: 
Dark gray jersey ruched effect pants (bought from a local store)
BAG:  
Chanel 09A Paris-Moscou special edition gray bubble quilt large hobo flap with swirl matte gold CC

SHOES:  
Christian Louboutin patent nude Simple pumps 85mm

ACCESSORIES: 
Hermes reversible belt in Bleu de Prusse with gold "H" buckle
Chanel CC with flap bag necklace in gold

Chanel 09A "Malta" dangling earrings 
some gold bangle (bought from a local store)

Love the ruched effect of the pants...
 

Nude heels with gray pants are great combo...softens the whole look..

Close-up of accessories...

This cute Chanel "flap" necklace is one of my favourite "go to" necklaces...
 My "no brand" bangle..:D

The Birthday Girl! :D
 

How cute are kids!  

My son Mason busy with "controlling" the shifts...


Now, here are some other outfits that I wore which made me realize I love yellow+gray very much!


You might have already seen these pictures of my last Paris shopping reveal...


My ODJ

TOP: 
 French Connection gray modal material t-shirt
  Light gray cropped knit vest (from Korea)
BOTTOM: 
Black tube-top style black jersey jumpsuit (from Japan)
BAG:  
Hermes Soleil color "Lindy" 30cm in Taurillon Clemence and Palladium HW

SHOES:  
Christian Louboutin metallic navy/silver python Very Prive peeptoe pumps

ACCESSORIES: 
Hermes "Zabavushka" 90cm carre in purple colorway (worn as belt)
Hermes "Tonkin" Buffalo Horn & Laquer Necklace in yellow

some pewter dangling earrings (bought from a local store)
  Tom Ford "Jaquelin" black sunglasses w/ orange rim and brown gradient lens
Don't you just love the pop of yellow??  Love love love my Hermes soleil Lindy bag!!!

I am a Hermes scarf collector too......love how versatile their scarves are, and can be worn in many different ways!  This is a very nice "Matriochka" print named "Zabavushka" from 09 Fall/Winter collection.
Purple/violet and yellow look nice too together!

I absolutely love this pair of CL navy metallic python Very Prive!! It was the last pair in Paris when I bought them!

And again, yellow + gray!

My ODJ

TOP: 
 Tout a Coup dark gray knitted long vest with ruffle trim (Japanese brand)
  Black cropped short sleeve jersey jacket with princess sleeves and gold buttons (no brand)
BOTTOM: 
Lowry's Farm light gray jersey long dress (Japanese brand)
BAG:  
Hermes Soleil color "Lindy" 30cm in Taurillon Clemence and Palladium HW

SHOES:  
Chanel Black leather thongs from the SS2010 "Black Tie" collection

ACCESSORIES: 
Chanel silver dog tag "camellia" necklace from past season
  Printemps! OMG!!)
Chanel black/pewter dangling heart earrings
some black grosgrain belt from a pair of pants
Tom Ford "Jaquelin" black sunglasses w/ orange rim and brown gradient lens

Some of you might have already seen this ODJ from my Hermes reveal...:D  
But see?  It's yellow + gray again!

Have you seen enough yellow + gray?  LOL!

Have fun with colors!

Cheers,
Mia

13 comments:

  1. Mia,

    Love love love your ensemble! Always love your color combination. You have to post more on your blogs! So happy you are "back"!!!!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear!! How are you doing?? OMG! Long time no chat! Yup, I'll try to post more these days coz I don't want to deprive my readers...hahaha! I've been really busy lately with Mason's school stuff.

    Anyway, any update on your H collection? Me, I have..hehehhehehehe!

    Cheers,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yellow and gray together! I am on the search for a good yellow coat. I did a blog post on it a while back.

    www.prettyinpinkmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mia!! No Hermes added to my collection, but added a few Balenciaga!! hehe....
    I read about your new Hermes!! Are they here yet??? Any "previews" for me? :)
    Love love love your yellow Lindy! Yellow is my favourite color. I have a green one. These "cousins" would have fun together!! :)

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't really explore yellow, but recently into a crafty project that required a mixed of colors! Lately I've been wearing lots of Red & Pink & Purple. Great idea with the combo of yellow & gray, I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am glad you are keeping up your blog now. love reading it...

    i think yellow + grey combo looks great on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pretty in Pink, welcome to my blog! Yellow coat! Wow I love that idea! I just read through your blog post on "mellow yellow" and I really love that yellow poncho you posted! Anyway, if you found any good yellow coats, please let me know. I would love to have one as well. (BTW, I really love anything mustard yellow color..hehe!) Thanks for stopping by!

    Cheers, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey M, are you now into Balenciaga? Wow, what did you buy? Well, my special orders aren't ready yet..still following up with Hermes Paris. They have some leather supply issues according to some who have received a letter from them. What green is your Lindy? Vert Anis? It's one of my lust colors you know. And also Brique and now Prune! I wanna have a Prune Kelly badly in clemence! HELP! :P

    Anyway, chat again soon! Hope to catch up with you online!

    Cheers,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ceci, how are you doing? Wow, crafty project! What project is that? I would love to know. You're just so creative with crafts...need to learn from you.

    You look great in Red & Pink & Purple. I love all these colors too! Yup do try to put some yellows in your ensembles, just a little part..it really freshens up the whole look somehow. :D

    Catch up with you soon on gchat! Take care!

    Cheers,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Julia, thanks so much for your support on my blog. I really appreciate it. Thanks for hanging in here and your compliments! :D It's really hard to maintain a blog. Hope I can improve along the way.

    Chat soon! Take care!

    Cheers,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mia love the lindy! Good grief the bag is growing on me, it is a poem of a bag and u wear her very very well. Your ODJs are impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never one to like yellow, but this combination is very cheery. :) I like it!!! :)

    I also love love love your bubble quilt flap!!!! :) It's one of the most gorgeous bags I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Berli, thanks for stopping by my blog. So sorry for the late reply as I didn't have time to update my blog for a while till now. Thanks so much for your sweet compliments. Lindy is indeed one of my fave Hermes bags. It's one of a kind! Hehe! Go get one! You won't regret it! :D

    Hi Vichaya, thanks too for stopping by my blog! Haha.....I used to NOT like yellow too. But after experimenting it for a while, I find that it can really spice up a lot of outfits. Just not too much yellow I must say. Oh that bubble quilt flap is so buttery soft! Like a pillow! :D

    Cheers,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...