I am having so much fun with my son these days as he's growing up so much. Even though I am very exhausted with the house move and packing and stuff, just seeing my son there keeps me happy and full of energy again!!
Not sure if it's normal or not, but my son can do the following things which I'm so amazed!!
1. Count 1 to 100 in Mandarin and English
==> I basically choose a number randomly and then he can tell me what number that is in both languages.
2. Read most of the words which I have showed him before in books or flash cards
3. Know January to December in both English and Mandarin
==> again, he can just pronounce every word and also put January to December in order.
4. Memorize telephone number of my in-laws and and call them by himself
==> he saw the phone beside me the other day and then he picked it up, pressed the numbers and then voila! My in laws answered the phone and my son said to my father-in-law.."Hello, how are you today?" I'm so shocked coz I didn't know he memorized the phone number already as we just told him the phone number twice before!
5. Put back the toys to their original places after playing with them
6. Get a cloth to wipe the table when it is wet
==> he does this automatically....maybe it's because of the Montessori training at school. I'm so pleased!!
7. Sing songs which he has heard before in his classes
==> he actually memorized the lyrics and was singing (although his voice was "monotone")...but....totally cute when hearing him "sing"!
8. Write simple Chinese characters like 1, 2, 3 (一，二， 三， 天王，月 etc).
9. Identify basic colors and shapes
==> he is very fast to finish all sorts of shape sorters with different sizes (he recently finished 4 different blocks of Montessori sorters within 10 minutes (including different heights and size of cylinders all by himself without help.)
10. Know all his alphabets from A to Z in both English and French
==> I didn't know he knows the alphabets in French coz I only taught him 3 or 4 times a long time ago....recently he spit out all the alphabets in French and I am shocked once again!!
==> he can even type out the alphabets in order using the laptop keyboard and notepad application. And memorize some of the simple Chinese pinyin I taught him and type Chinese on the computer.
11. Know how to "instruct" people to do things for him with simple words
12. Pronounce the words that we are saying and actually remembering them (even if the word is 3 or more syllables like "container", "hippopotamus", "parallelogram")
13. Please mommy
==> sometimes, when I dress up, he will say "Mommy sexy"...LOL!!
==> there were a couple of times when I wear my shoes he said "nice shoes"!! It made my day! Hahahahah!
I'm truly amazed on what a toddler can do. It's the age of exploration. The age where they start to reason and think. My son gives me so much joy because I learn something new everyday. Kids are really a blessing to all of us parents, even though they drain out all our energies! LOL!! But in the end, it's all worth it!