Pictures by Bella Pilar

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A whole new meaning to "Charlotte's Web": my new-found love for shoes and my collection!!!! :)

Hello dears,


How is everyone?  It has been soooooo long since I blogged.  I came back from Paris 2 months ago from my 3-month study of Intensive Intermediate French.  It has been a very great experience for me living as a "Parisienne".  It really is a dream come true for me and I learned a lot about the culture and their daily lives.  I lived with a very very cute boyfriend/girlfriend couple who are local Parisiens and I had the time of my life!!  Of course, I have achieved what I want to achieve, that is to master my French and be able to talk in French with ease.  I am still continuing my French studies here locally because I want to keep on practising. :)

Anyway, I know I owe you all my posts of my Hermes loot.  That will be coming soon as I am still taking some pictures of yet another new loot I just received recently.  I wanted to post everything in 1 go.....save more time that way. :P  So stay tuned for that.

Meanwhile, let me share with you my new-found love.  For shoes, I am a lover for YSL, Louboutin, Chanel, Miu Miu, Givenchy etc....I should say mostly French and Italian brands.  But I have found another designer from London whom I totally adore when I visited her only boutique in London back in May.  (Yes, it was my first trip to London back in May, and I am totally in love with London!  I am definitely going back to London next year for another trip, and thinking of putting my son to the boarding schools there in the future so I can have an "excuse" to live there! LOL!)

Anyway, back to my shoes.  I think you can guess which designer I am talking about.  It's Charlotte Olympia!!!  She has a little store in London Maddox street which is the only store in London currently. I am so happy to have the opportunity to visit her store there, so cozy and cute!

*Please note that I started using my new watermark "Mia's Armoire" for some of my new pictures because I am going to change my Blog Name from "Mia Après Chanel" to "Mia's Armoire".  The reason behind this change is that this blog is not only about Chanel as I have expanded my interests in other brands as well, especially now that my love has transferred to "Hermes". :P  So, I want my blog to become more "neutral to brands" in a sense, and that's why "Mia's Armoire" (meaning Mia's Closet/Wardrobe in English) will be a better fit.  But my old watermark "miacillan (for tPF & own blog use only)" is still valid during this transition period.

The Charlotte Olympia store in Maddox Street, the only boutique in London....


This small street is very cute....look at the reflection of the buildings opposite the store.  Not something we see everyday in my place!

No. 56 Maddox Street....a store I will frequently visit whenever I am in London...hehe!

The famous Spider Web which is Charlotte Olympia's official logo.  A whole new level of Charlotte's Web which is actually one of my favourite books! :P


Even the lamp inside the store is spider look-alike!  :)

My weaknessssss!  This shop is so cozy...like a home full of shoes!

In love with the gold island platforms on all of her shoes!  They are actually very comfortable at 140mm height!!!!  

I wish all of these are mine!  Yummmyy!

A very nice statue of a leopard inside the store...this was also used in an advertising campaign of Charlotte Olympia....


This display board of shoes belongs to Charlotte Olympia's personal collection.  She has an exact same one at home.  A gift from her mom....

I want one too in my room!

Love the shopping bag!

So, of course, I did a lot of "damages"....LOL!!  How can I simply resist???!!!!  From basically a Charlotte Olympia newbie with ZERO pairs of her shoes, to now 10 pairs in my collection.....!!!!  I am hopelessly in love!  :P  

This was the first pair I bought which got me started!!!
"Ninivah" black/gold pumps with leopard face overlay....how cute is that!!!

Now, my 2nd & 3rd pairs....
"Greta" teal green ostrich effect pumps and "Dolores" black satin quilted pumps

And then the 4th...
"Penelope" violet satin pumps

And how can I not have the most classic Charlotte Olympia pumps?
"Dolly" suede pumps in Red and Blush-Nude


Red + Leopard = Sexy!  LOL!
"Polly" leopard/red pumps

Red + Leopard + Lips....
"Bisoux" leopard/red loafers

How about some bling-blings? :)
"Priscilla" multicolour glitters pumps

And last but not least, also the HARDEST TO FIND....
The famous "Kitty" flats in black velvet with gold embroideries!  Love these to death!

How about some group pictures?



Finally, a family portrait of my Charlotte Olympia collection!!  I am in Cloud 9! :P

Hope you have enjoyed my 1st post after the long long silence!  Till my next post!  

Have a great summer everyone!

Bisous,
xxxx
Mia








18 comments:

  1. I LOVE those Priscilla's! Still looking for a pair in my size :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wandrrlust.org! I bought mine at Net-A-Porter UK site. Maybe you can take a look there? If not you can order directly from Charlotte Olympia London through their online website. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back mia! always a post with a bang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss ur entry and owh! finally....after sooooooooooo long! thanks for the come back esp on ur new hobby n love for CO collections, I suggest u follo DSSAAKSSS in Instagram and u'll be surprised... :) kp on writing n congrats on ur French languange grad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your new shoe collection!!! My favourite of them all has to be the classic Charlotte Olympia pumps, especially the ones in red :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to have you back Mia!! You were much missed.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Emilie, Yani, Momo4ever and Sally! :) It's good to be back, though still going a bit slow. :P We are going for a family vacation this weekend so won't be in town. Blogging has to wait after we come back again. :)) Stay tuned!

    Yani - I am already following DSSAAKSSS....hehe! Her collection is awesome!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mia, glad to see you back on line! Miss seeing you! We have to catch up! Love your new shows...

    But dear- you wear flats??? : p

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy you are back! i am glad that your trip to france went well and that you had an amazing time. hope you can tell us more about it!

    aaaand i am excited to see more of your loot hahaha! those dolly suede pumps in red look so amazing! cant wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome! Juhu, you are back!!!
    I think it was a wonderfull time in Paris. It was right that you make a whish come true.
    Love the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back dear Mia.. Would like to follow you in Instagram your a ture fashion Icon as DSSAAKSSS could we know your user :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back! Love all the shoes you have bought especially the "kitty" one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back dear Mia !
    Vous nous avez manqué !!!! Je suis contente d'apprendre que vous êtes désormais une vraie parisienne ;-)
    Les souliers Charlotte Olympia sont absolument incroyables, j'en avais vu quelques paires au détour d'un article de presse mais là voir toutes ces paires différentes, et plus magnifiques les unes que les autres, cela a vraiment aiguisé mon envie... J'ai particulièrement craqué pour les mocassins léopard/bouche rouge et les escarpins avec les têtes de chat noires.
    Je suis impatiente de lire les prochains articles.
    Scarfmoodist

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for popping by my blog, Mia. I'm actually a silent reader of yours too! :)

    Glad you are back and can look forward to your blog posts soon! :)
    I like the kitty pair :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mia! I just discovered your blog today and I. AM. HOOKED!!!!!!! Your blog is just AMAZING! Love all your bags and shoes and bags....and BAGS!!!! :) I have already gone through the entire blog and read every entry since the beginning. I have learned so much from you...as another commenter has already said, you have a PhD in Hermesology and Chanelology hahaha. Anyway, nice to "meet" you! :)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  16. So thrilled you are back blogging, Paris must of been amazing!

    Looking forward to your upcoming posts, all the best to you and your family Elle x

    www.mstylepicturebook.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I had no idea that Charlotte Olympia was a British brand! I am in so in love with the red lips/leopard loafers combination you got. And yes, the gold platform is just so fabulous!

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    www.exoddinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...